As the summer pushes into yet another heatwave and things inevitably slow down, I find myself thinking about cooler, simpler times. Times when deadlines and pitchbooks were foreign concepts, when happy hours and networking were meaningless to me; high school times, college times…good times. Mixing one part whimsy, one part varsity pride and three parts “flow,” my mind starts to race. Without further ado, I bring you the top ten reasons to be a lacrosse player:
10. Wearing Boat Shoes to and from practice.
9. Our tailgates have crabcakes.
8. Sites like Lacrosse Playground.
7. The coolest uniforms in any sport.
6. I know where my high school lax jacket is, no idea where my diploma is…
5. America’s first sport — who doesn’t love Amurika?
3. Natural Light may be substituted for water at any time.
2. Beautiful, big, gas guzzling lax wagons–Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans.
1. The network–you can’t make a career out of lacrosse, so former lacrosse players are deeply rooted in all sorts of industries, from finance to movie production.