The Boston Blazers will host their Black Out Cancer Night for their April 3rd game and have set a goal of $5000 to donate to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.
Paul Dawson in his efforts to support this cause will shave his head next Friday, April 2nd at 2:30 pm at West End Johnnies in Boston and will donate all contributions and his hair to Locks for Love through the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. All are welcome to attend.
To donate to Paul and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, click here.
Along with Paul’s efforts, the Blazers will also be auctioning their game worn pink helmets that will the team will be wearing during our Saturday, April 3rd Black Out Cancer Charity Game against the Orlando Titans.
Fans have the opportunity to place bids via e-mail on each of these game worn helmet with this online auction. If by 5:00 pm EST on Sunday, April 4th, you have the highest bid on a particular helmet – you will be declared the winner!
Here’s how the e-mail helmet auction works:
* Find your favorite Boston Blazers player’s charity helmet online at www.blazerslacrosse.com/blackout and see what the current bids are that day.
* All helmet bids start at a minimum price of $150
* # Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: your first and last names, email address, your daytime telephone number, city you live in, name and number of the player’s helmet you would like to bid on, your bid amount (increments of $25.)
* You can e-mail your jersey bids to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime day or night!
* All the helmet bids will be updated on this page each day by 5:00 pm ET so you can check in daily to see if you’re still the highest bidder!
* Keep in mind that only bids by $25.00 increments will be accepted. For example – if the current bid on a helmet is $300.00 – you must place your bid at $325.00 or $350.00 for your bid to be valid.
* Highest bidders on all helmets by 5:00 pm ET on April 4th will be considered the winners and will be contacted by the Boston Blazers office for payment. It will also be at this time, the Blazers will provide details on how to claim your winning helmet.
* Winners will be asked to provide a valid credit card number with expiration date.
Proceeds to benefit the Dana Farber Cancer Institute