Minneapolis, MN – March 14, 2014 – Epoch Lacrosse, a leader in carbon composite lacrosse equipment technology, today announced that their game changing and patent pending Otter Mesh™ is now available at authorized Epoch Lacrosse dealers (see list below) and select online retailers.
Epoch Lacrosse, which is best known for its innovative carbon composite lacrosse shafts, didn’t hold back when it designed Otter Mesh. Otter Mesh is comprised of a military-grade, ultra lightweight composite fiber (only 18 grams) that is hydrophobic (water resistant), durable and is designed to give you a long-lasting easy to string pocket with zero break-in time. Otter Mesh is made from the same composite fiber material used to make the ropes used by the Navy Seals.
“We could not be more excited about Otter Mesh,” said Ryan Hurley, partner and National Sales representative at Epoch Lacrosse. “It is fifty percent lighter than conventional hard, wax or soft mesh and strings a pocket that will give players complete control and confidence in all weather conditions.”
Otter Mesh is:
· Made of military-grade ultra lightweight composite fiber. The same material used to make the ropes for Navy Seals.
· Hydrophobic, meaning it will not absorb water. It may feel wet to the touch, but the water will never affect the performance of your pocket.
· A semi-soft mesh that has a slightly rough surface that enhances ball retention without adding whip.
· Resistant to extreme cold (-76F) and heat (140 F). No more shrinkage (tennis racquets) or expansion (bags-out) due to changing weather conditions.
· Has no coating or resins added to it, which makes it break in quickly and never change in hardness/feel over its lifetime.
Check out the Prezi presentation for additional pictures, facts and videos.
“We are always looking at new materials and technology when it comes to designing and manufacturing our products,” said James Miceli, Principal at Epoch Lacrosse. “Essentially, we have made every head on the market 18 grams lighter and given players one less thing to worry about. Otter Mesh is a real game changer.”
Otter Mesh is now shipping and will be initially available at the following Epoch Authorized dealers:
6M Sports; Angelos Lacrosse Corner; Daves Sport Shop – Blaine; Daves Sport Shop- Fridley; Daves Sport Shop Stillwater; Great Atlantic/ Lacrosse.com; Hot4Lax; JaxLax; Lacrosse JuJu; Lacrosse Lounge; Lavin Lacrosse; Lax.com; Lax Locker; Laxpros; Madlax; Midwest Lacrosse Company; Northstar Lacrosse; Olympic Den Franklin Square; Olympic Den Ronkonkomana; Perfect Edge Hockey; Rufflax; Southern Lacrosse; Sports Extra; Stickhead Birmingham; Stickhead Lexington; Stickhead Louisville; StickStop KC ; Stixx-N-Stones Lacrosse; Tama Lacrosse – CO; Tama; Lacrosse Naperville; Total Lacrosse – All Location; Tribal West
All other Authorized Epoch dealers will have Otter Mesh available in the coming weeks.
Epoch Retail Partners can be found at www.EpochLacrosse.com/