Founded by Jay Wich, a varsity lacrosse player at Harvard, J.J. Threads has officially launched an innovative approach to provide funky, fun and fresh fashion. J.J. Threads (http://www.jjthreads.com) has officially launched an innovative approach to provide funky, fun and fresh fashion. The custom dress shirt e-tailer is built on a self-proclaimed mission: to inspire your individual style.
J.J. Threads was born to break the mold of conservative tailored formal work attire, and cater to everyday dress shirts – shirts customized for the club, the beach, even the first date. “We love to inspire your individual style, whatever that may be, and wherever it leads you,” says founder Jay Wich.
Since inception, J.J. Threads has met multiple important milestones:
- Sourced world-renowned fabrics from Liberty of London, Thomas Mason, and Cotonificio Albini
- Collaborated with artists around the globe to develop prints and patterns for fabrics exclusive to J.J. Threads
- Launched the most user-friendly 3-D shirt designing interface on the web, giving total creative control to the user by fabric, structure & size
- Point and click your way into a custom shirt with endless possibilities: funky inner collar, fresh cuffs, & fun buttons
- Need to get inspired? J.J. Threads rolled out its own “one click & play” custom shirt generator
- Randomly produces up to 4 unique shirt designs from hundreds of fabrics, all sized to personal specifics
Being a member of the J.J. Threads social network is a core part of the proprietary technology platform which is designed to celebrate user creativity. Interactive social networking features include:
- Community marketplace that allows users to purchase, rate, “like” and comment on designs created by other users
- Reward system which awards $5 of store credit (“J.J. Cash”) each time a user’s design is purchased from the marketplace.
- A system that empowers users to leapfrog from original shirt designs to develop even more creative renditions of personal style
J.J. Threads soft launched to J.J. friends in September 2011, and has officially launched in November 2011. Says founder Jay Wich: “This is only the beginning. Your feedback is really important to J.J. – so don’t be shy!”
About the founder:
Jay Wich is a finance-guy-turned-fashion-entrepreneur. Jay is a lifelong lacrosse enthusiast who played for the varsity team during his time at Harvard College. Originally from Hunt Valley, Maryland, he’s currently enjoying life on the other side of the globe in Hong Kong.
About J.J. Threads:
J.J. Threads (“The Company”) is a custom dress shirt e-tailer offering an innovative online platform to design shirts and share creativity within social networks. Free shipping (both ways via Fedex Worldwide) included in all orders. Typical delivery time is estimated 7-10 working days weeks for custom designs. The Company is operated out of Hong Kong, and continues to grow through viral marketing appealing to its global fanbase. To get fun, funky & fresh, visit: http://www.jjthreads.com