HEADstrong Foundation’s grassroots initiatives are designed to promote blood cancer awareness and to extend our mission to current and potential supporters with a primary focus on building the support network, promoting brand and cause awareness, sponsorship fulfillment and support for various services and campaigns.
The grassroots marketing intern team will assist the Director of Marketing in the planning and execution of initiatives including supporter development, street team marketing and youth lacrosse tournament marketing.
Internship Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as a foundation ambassador during various events
• Held identify key local and regional events (lacrosse tournaments, clinics, camps)
• Document all grassroots projects through post-even recaps and photographs
• Assist in managing promotional item and equipment inventories
• All interns are expected to work all scheduled HEADstrong Foundation events and responsibilities may
include physically setting up and tear down of tents and event merchandise, distribution of literature and
various pre and post event activities.
• Candidates must be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
• Must be detail-oriented, accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner and able to prioritize
multiple tasks efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work both
independently and as a part of a team.
• Candidates must reside within a commutable distance to HEADstrong Foundation Headquarters at 232 Green
Avenue, Holmes, PA 19043
• Background in Marketing, Advertising, Event Planning or related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Knowledge of the HEADstrong Foundation, and the sport of lacrosse.
• Personal experience (A patient, survivor, or relative of someone who has been affected by blood cancer).
• Previous fundraising experience or non-profit work.
Due to the nature of competitive sports, this position requires a willingness to work flexible hours, on numerous weekends and possible holidays.
To Apply– Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Pat Colleluori: [email protected]
Internship Season– Summer
Application Deadline– March 31, 2011