Baltimore, MD — May 28, 2013 — LaxLessons, home of the premier lacrosse instruction website (LaxLessons.com) and mobile app, announced a partnership with lacrosse Hall of Famer Mark Millon as well as the release of a LaxLessons app for Android users.
The app, which features animated and graphically drawn drills and plays, now offers instructional videos from Millon, one of lacrosse’s greatest players and teachers. Users can now search and download specific skill instructional videos from Millon and other stars.
The app provides tips of inside shooting, dodging, off ball play, defensive footwork, shooting on the run and much more right on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
The Android launch comes two months after LaxLessons launched a mobile app for both the iPad and iPhone in Apple’s iTunes store.
Millon Lacrosse camps have attracted more than 20,000 participants in its 20 years, making it a national leader in on-field lacrosse instruction.
“I have always been committed to the integrity of teaching lacrosse the right way.” Millon said. “By partnering up with LaxLessons, I feel I am aligning my brand with a business with similar values.”
“The quality and amount of instructional content you can find with LaxLessons is off the charts. Couple that with their state-of-the-art presentations and usability, LaxLessons is making learning lacrosse accessible to people all over the world.”
With the LaxLessons app, users can even download Millon’s entire “Ultimate Guide to Youth Lacrosse” DVD right onto their mobile device. The two-disc set with 240 minutes of the highest quality ALL position instruction is now available with just a touch of your finger – no more discs, no more wires.
“We are thrilled to partner with a name and company as established as Mark Millon and Millon Lacrosse,” LaxLessons Co-Founder Ryan Rabidou said. Mark’s skill sets on the field are as equally world class as his ability to teach those skills.
“Our mission at LaxLessons is not only to revolutionize the way lacrosse is taught and understood, but to make it so anyone anywhere can learn by a press of a button. We believe that every lacrosse player and coach should have access to the best instructional app out there. Now, with the launch of the LaxLessons app on Google play to go along with the app on iTunes, we have come that much closer.”
The LaxLessons Android app was designed to take advantage of today’s latest technologies and showcases many cutting edge features, including filtering plays by position/difficulty/formation, taking plays offline, so users don’t have to be connected to the Internet, as well as sharing plays instantly on Facebook and Twitter and even designating plays as “Favorites” to be put in its own collection.
LaxLessons App Features:
• The LaxLessons app is a free download in the Google play store with several free plays and drills available.
• Each play and drill is drawn up in 3D graphics and includes a concise and clear written description.
• 3D PDFs of plays and drills can be printed wirelessly to take with on the road or form a hard playbook in conjunction with an e-playbook.
• Playbook and Drill book collections as well as single plays and drills are available as in-app purchases.
• “Favorite” top LaxLessons plays and drills with the touch of a button and have them stored in a own “Favorites” collection
• Search and filter plays and drills by difficulty, formation and position.
• Plays can be taken offline and saved to a user’s device in order to view the play without being connected to Internet or having poor service.
• Ability to instantly share favorite plays with the rest of the social lacrosse world on Facebook and Twitter.
• Additional plays and drills and collections will be added throughout the year.