Earlier today, Lacrosse Playground reported the move Notre Dame has made to join the ACC. Yet, a lot of questions have created speculation for what the future holds.
Live ACC and Notre Dame Press Conference
- When will Notre Dame join?
- Will Notre Dame pay the Big East exit fee right away or wait out the 27 months? They’ll exit pronto.
- Obviously, the ACC will eventually get an AQ, but that won’t be until they’ve had 6 members for a while (I think it is 3 years).
- It could impact traditional out of conference games each team plays. With each team adding really strong powers, they’ll have to give a good hard look at their schedules and what teams they need to drop and add to make a schedule optimal for making the NCAA tournament.
- Will they drop any schools that they regularly play?
- Could impact recruiting. Who wouldn’t want to play in the ACC now? What does it do to teams like Hopkins or Georgetown (who is trying to rebuild) or the Ivy schools? I don’t know the answer, but it would be tough for a kid to turn down a chance to play at one of the ACC schools.
- Will Pitt and Virginia Tech feel obligated to create varsity lacrosse programs? Let’s hope.
What else is left to be discussed? Let us know below.