NEW YORK, NY — April 27th, 2013 – Cascade Lacrosse is proud to announce the launch of the R Helmet. Coming July 1st, the R helmet marks the most advanced impact management system Cascade has ever created. The dual SevenTech™ and Poron®XRD™ liner system addresses both high and low energy impacts. A HardTail SPRfit™ system, coupled with custom jaw pad options, gets you dialed into a 360-degree fit with micro-adjustment on the fly. The exclusive SuperMonoTM R Shell, R-Series chin and mask stretch your periphery while creating a more rigid system for frontal impact management. An aggressive design that is distinctively Cascade. The R conveys speed, power, and performance. Another milestone in the winning history of Cascade.
“The R helmet is a result of years of research and development culminating in the ultimate deliverable from a truly best in class team,” said Mike Chepucavage, Cascade Marketing Director. “We are thrilled to launch the R helmet on the best players in the country.”
The first R helmets were delivered to MLL players to be showcased in the season opening games Saturday April 27th. Fans at the Konika Minolta Big City Classic will also have the opportunity to explore the R first hand at the Cascade display. The R helmet will be available for retail and team purchase July 1st. Stay tuned, more R launch events to come. To learn more about Cascade’s most advanced helmet and impact management system visit CascadeLacrosse.com and Cascade social media channels.
“We are very excited to add the R to our helmet product line,” said Jeff Colburn, Category Launch Manager. “The R will be available with all the factory custom options and 48-hour turn around that players have come to expect from Cascade.”
“You will see A PASSION TO PROTECT on the side of every box that leaves our Liverpool, NY factory. We have found even college and pro players may not be adjusting their helmets to fit correctly,” said Tim Ellsworth, Global Business Director. “If it’s not fitting right, it’s not doing it’s job. We have evolved our business to address this issue and are excited to include our HardTail SPRfit™ in our most elite pro level helmet.”
Dual Liner System: By introducing the SevenTechnology™ liner system, Cascade attacked high energy impacts. Today, with the addition of Poron®XRD™ foam, the fight is on against low energy impacts. Exclusive components that deliver dynamic impact performance to lacrosse.
• SevenTechnology™: A ground-breaking impact attenuation system to more effectively manage energy transfer from direct high energy impacts. On impact, the Seven Technology liner system compresses to laterally displace energy and within seconds, it completely resets to ready for the next impact.
• Poron®XRD™ Foam: New to the Cascade line of helmets, a pliable material offering maximum comfort with the ability to dissipate linear force from low energy impacts.
• HardTail SPRfit™: By combining the HardTail SPRfit™ with customizable jaw pads, the player will feel a 360 degree contour fit that can be micro-adjusted on the fly.
• SuperMono™ R Shell: The one-piece shell and visor now offered in an R design with increased ventilation. This design creates a more rigid system to better manage frontal impacts, while moving the balance point closer to the center of the head for a lighter feeling high performance helmet.
• Cascade R-Series Mask: New sight lines for better vision and reduced weight.
• Cascade R-Series Chin: Provides added rigidity along the jaw and by the ear.
Available July 1, 2013
Full Factory Custom built and shipped in 48 hours
Mask Options: Tungsten, Tungsten Chromanium, Tungsten Gold Chromanium