San Diego State University is currently seeking a Head Coach for the Men’s Club Lacrosse Team. The part-time position is a one-year contract. Expected start date is September 1st, 2012. The salary will be based on experience. View qualifications and requirements below.
- Record of coaching success at competitive High School or Collegiate Levels
- Experience managing team operations on and off the field
- Familiarity with hiring assistant coaches
- Strong communication skills between players, parents, and alumni
- Collegiate playing experience is preferred.
Position requirements include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily operations of Men’s Lacrosse Program in cooperation with team officers and alumni.
o Includes the hiring of an assistant coaching staff
o Work with SDSU club sport directors and training staff on team matters.
o Develops and promotes a culture of Aztec Lacrosse
- Coaching responsibilities include:
o Organizing practices (due to limited field availability, fast-paced and efficient practices are a must)
o Game planning & management (includes scouting, film analysis, and chalk-talks)
o Recruiting (influence within the Southern California lacrosse community is preferred)
- Overseeing Academic and personal well being of student-athletes
- Fall: Available 3 days-a-week for fall-ball practice, scrimmages, and chalk talk (Sept. 1-November 10)
- Spring: Available 5-6 days-a-week for practices and games (January 7-January 18 Double Days, January 18- May 30 Season
Please contact SDSU Men’s Lacrosse Team Officer, Parker Doliber, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org