The Hong Kong Lacrosse Association (HKLA) has announced the establishment of the Hong Kong Lacrosse High Performance Programme (HPP), and is seeking two head coaches, one for the men’s and one for the women’s programme.
The HPP is directed towards those athletes with aspirations of representing Hong Kong at the international level. This ongoing programme is designed so that participants receive top level instruction and support preparing them for the next step in their development and achievements. The appointed Head Coach will receive support from assistant coach, team managers, strength and conditioning coach, physiotherapist and sport psychologist.
Both Head Coaches of HPP will lead the programme to seek potential athletes for the National Team, as well as the Junior National Teams.
– Be responsible for the development of the HPP men’s/ women’s programme
– Select and lead the required squads for tournaments
– Work with the Association and the supporting team (assistant coach, strength and conditioning coach, physiotherapist, sport psychologist and management team) to plan and run the programme
– Involvement in the development of youth lacrosse in general in Hong Kong in accordance to the plans of the Association.
– High level lacrosse playing experience
– Demonstrated success as a Men’s/ Women’s Lacrosse coach
– Able to motivate and relate to a group of wide range of age and backgroud
– Exceptional time management and organization skills to facilitate remote planning
– Innovative and energetic to develop a young programme
Able to travel to Hong Kong 2 weeks prior to tournaments
Able to relocate to Hong Kong is an advantage.
Tentative tournament dates for coming year:
Nov 7-9, 2014 Singapore Spectacular 2014
Apr, 2015 Hong Kong Lacrosse Open
July 4-11, 2015 ASPAC – Bangkok, Thailand
Accommodation and travel expenses will be provided. Modest stipend/salary available based upon experience.
– 2-3 Recommendations or references from coaches, athletic directors or national/state-wide or comparable organizations.
SALARY: Volunteer (with housing and travel expenses provided, stipend negotiable)
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Terms: 1 year, extension depending on performance
Application deadline: 24th October, 2014
Contact for application and information:
Executive Director of Hong Kong Lacrosse Association