The National Lacrosse League held its 2020 entry draft on Thursday night with 93 NLL hopefuls hearing their names called.
This year’s NLL Draft, featuring broadcasters Devan Kaney, Stephen Stamp, Teddy Jenner and Tabitha Turner, was held virtually, with teams’ general managers, coaches and personnel announcing their picks.
As everyone expected, the New York Riptide selected Jeff Teat, a forward who plays collegiate lacrosse at Cornell and junior A with the Brampton Excelsiors. The Rochester Knighthawks traded down from #2 to #3 allowing the Vancouver Warriors to select defender Reid Bowering. Rochester then selected forward Ryan Smith at #3.
During the draft, NLL Commissioner Nick Sakiewicz revealed the new logo for the NLL Hall of Fame, which will induct a 2020 class later this year. Sakiewicz also revealed that a 15th NLL franchise was in the queue following the addition of the Fort Worth franchise.
Start the slideshow to see all of the 93 players selected in the 2020 NLL Draft and subscribe to the Pro Lacrosse Talk podcast to hear the NLL coaches and GMs discuss their 2020 NLL Draft picks.
- New York Riptide — Jeff Teat, Cornell University/Brampton Excelsiors (Forward)
- Vancouver Warriors (from Rochester) — Reid Bowering, Drexel University/Coquitlam Jr. A (Defense)
- Rochester Knighthawks (from Vancouver) — Ryan Smith, Robert Morris/Oakville Rock (Forward)
- San Diego Seals — Tre Leclaire, Ohio State/New Westminster Jr. A (Forward)
- Calgary Roughnecks — Tanner Cook, North Carolina/Whitby Jr. A (Forward)
- Georgia Swarm (from Colorado) — Robert Hudson, Vermont/Brampton Excelsiors (Transition)
- Saskatchewan Rush (from Philadelphia) — Marshall Powless, Six Nations Jr. A (Forward)
- Georgia Swarm — Jeff Henrick, Ohio State/New Westminster Salmonbellies (Defense)
- Buffalo Bandits — Brad McCulley, Robert Morris/Langley Thunder (Forward)
- Georgia Swarm (from Toronto) — Ethan Walker, Denver/Peterborough Lakers (Forward)
- Halifax Thunderbirds — Ethan Riggs, Burlington Jr. A (Defense)
- Saskatchewan Rush — Connor McClelland, Marquette/Brampton Excelsiors (Defense)
- Georgia Swarm (from New England) — Laine Hruska, Whitby Steelhawks/Saskatchewan SWAT (Goaltender)
- Calgary Roughnecks (from Halifax) (compensatory selection for Matt Vinc) — Harrison Matsuoka, Stony Brook/Okotoks Jr. A (Transition)
- San Diego Seals (compensatory selection for Dan Dawson) — Mac O’Keefe, Penn State/Orangeville Jr. A (Forward)
- Philadelphia Wings (compensatory selection for Jordan Hall) — Jackson Suboch, UMass/Brooklin LC (Defense)