MACON, Ga. – Jacksonville’s Caitlin McMahon and Old Dominion’s Maggi Buckley led their teams to A-Sun Championship berths last week and were honored as this week’s Atlantic Sun Women’s Lacrosse weekly honorees, the league office announced on Tuesday.
McMahon collects her first career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week honor after putting together an all-around performance in Jacksonville’s conference win over Mercer. The Potomac, Md. native scored four goals on four shots to help the Dolphins improve to 5-0 in league play. Her 100 percent shooting and shot-on-goal percentage were a season-best. She also controlled the draw circle for Jacksonville with a team-high six draw controls. That mark also represents a new season-high for McMahon. She added two ground balls, one caused turnover and one assist to fill up the stat sheet for Jacksonville.
Buckley earns her first career A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week honor after shining in net for Old Dominion last weekend. Buckley repeatedly stifled the Furman attack on her way to 10 saves. Her 10 total saves and 66.7 save percentage are new season-high for Owings, Md. native. She only conceded five goals against a Furman offense that averages 11.00 goals per game this season. The win marked her fourth-straight win in goal for the Monarchs. With the victory, ODU claimed a spot in the A-Sun Championship, the first time since 2007 the team will participate in a conference tournament.
Atlantic Sun Women’s Lacrosse Player of the Week – Apr. 14th
Caitlin McMahon, Jacksonville
Freshman | Midfield
– First Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week honor
– Helped Jacksonville clinch a spot in Atlantic Sun Championship with win over Mercer
– Totaled five points on four goals and one assist in win
– Her four goals came on four shots for a 100 percent shooting percentage
– Controlled the draw circle for JU with team-high six draw controls
– Added two ground balls and one caused turnover to fill the stat sheet
Other Nominees: Jordyn Beam, Detroit; Christina Rea, Old Dominion; Hallie Merz, Stetson
Atlantic Sun Women’s Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week – Apr. 14th
Maggi Buckley, Old Dominion
Sophomore | Goalie
Owings, Md. | Health & Physical Education
– First Career Atlantic Sun Defensive Player of the Week
– Recorded 5.88 goals against average in conference win over Furman
– Posted a season-high with 10 total saves in road victory
– Saved 66.7 percent of shots she faced, which marks a new season-high for the Monarch goalie
– Held Furman’s attack, which averages 11.00 goals per game, to just five goals in win
– Led Monarchs to berth in A-Sun Championship; first conference tournament berth since 2007
Other Nominees: Lauren Webley, Detroit; Brittney Orashen, Jacksonville; Elaine Bradley, Kennesaw State; Julia Lozano, Stetson
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.