Connect with us

News

Premier Lacrosse League postpones start of 2020 season

The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) announced Friday that they would be suspending the beginning of their 2020 season in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The PLL was originally scheduled to start on May 29 at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.

“The health of our players, coaches, fans and collegues are of paramount importance to us as we go through this unprecedented time,” said CEO Mike Rabil in a statement released on social media Friday afternoon. “As a league, we will continue to adhere to guidelines adminsitred by the CDC, respective state governments and our hosting venues,” the statement read. “This was a difficult decision for our league but a neccesary measure to ensure the safety of all parties.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-z7E4-hsed/


The league has also delayed the 2020 PLL College Draft, originally scheduled for April 21. The league told Inside Lacrosse that the plan is to have a virtual draft on NBC Sports in mid-May.

The statement from Rabil said that an update on the league’s plans for the season would be given sometime in May, and Paul Rabil told Front Office Sports’ Emily Caron that they expect to have some sort of season and are currently evaluating all options.

The PLL joins the Major League Lacrosse (MLL) in delaying their season. The MLL announced a delay to their season, originally scheduled for May 30, last week. The National Lacrosse League also announced the cancellation of the remainder of their season on Wednesday.

To stay up to date on the PLL and its 2020 season, follow the PLL and Pro Lacrosse Talk on Twitter and Instagram.



Click to comment
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

More in News

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x