Ace Moyer, originally from Virginia, founded Knockaround in 2005. Knockaround is a down-to-earth sunglasses line specializing in classically designed shades offered in a full spectrum of colors. We recently had the opportunity to chat with Ace over at Knockaround Sunglasses. Somewhere in the conversation we asked him, “What are the ten things you can’t live without?” Below is his reply.
1. Knockaround Fort Knocks Sunglasses – As you might imagine, I have a big assortment of sunglasses to choose from each day. I wear all of our models- Premium, Mile Highs- but my go-to sunglasses are Fort Knocks. I like the spring hinges and gold bars on the front.
2. Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils – Maybe it’s because I never seemed to have a #2 pencil when I needed it growing up, but I prefer pencil over pen. I like to be able to erase.
3. College Football – I went to UVA- which is not exactly known for domination on the gridiron. But I’m a diehard fan nonetheless. If it’s Saturday afternoon in the Fall, I’m watching college football.
4. Oysters – I once heard the act of eating an oyster described as “kissing the sea.” West Coast or East Coast- I like them all.
5. Table Tennis – We have a table at Knockaround HQ so we play all the time. We’ve toyed with the idea of starting a yearly Table Tennis Tournament in our hometown of San Diego.
6. Leica D-Lux 5 Camera – We use this camera to take a lot of our product photography, but I like using it to take pictures of everything. I’m constantly taking photos with my iPhone, so it’s nice to take a break and shoot with something more substantial.
7. Limited Edition Streaker Sports Shorts – Knockaround teamed up with Grant Hewit and the guys at Streaker Sports to do this limited run of academy blue shorts. They’re inspired by the 1981 San Diego Clippers uniforms. We produced 125 pairs and they sold out in only a few hours. For that reason, I really cherish the pair I snagged before they were all gone.
8. Washington Nationals New Era 59Fifty – I wear it all the time. I think it’s because sub-conciously I want everyone in Southern California to know I’m from the East Coast.
9. Snoop Dogg – Snoop wears Knockarounds. I return the favor and bump his music every chance I get.
10. Knockaround Rainbow Trout Belt – Knockaround is a sunglasses company, but we have a few other products we offer. I wear my Rainbow Trout belt all the time. I guess technically I could live without it, but then my pants would fall down.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.