ESPN’s 2013 college lacrosse schedule features an increase in games, plus the debut of the ESPNU Wednesday Men’s Lacrosse Game of the Week showcasing nationally-ranked teams and high-quality games. This year’s coverage includes 53 total games – 44 regular season, 46 men’s and seven women’s – including the crowning of the ACC, BIG EAST, America East and Ivy League tournament champions. All ESPNU programming will be available on computers at WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
Play commences on Friday, Feb. 8 with Siena facing No. 6 Johns Hopkins at 5 p.m. on ESPNU.
· ESPNU will be the home to 38 games – 33 regular season, 36 men’s and two women’s matchups
· The Wednesday Men’s Game of the Week on ESPNU opens March 6 and runs through April 10, including a top-10 matchup between ACC rivals No. 4 Duke at No. 5 North Carolina on March 13, at 7:30 p.m.
· ESPNU will air all three games of the ACC Men’s Lacrosse Championship from Chapel Hill, N.C., on Friday, April 26 and Sunday, April 28, while the 24-hour sports network will carry a BIG EAST men’s semifinal and the title game, along with America East and Ivy League men’s title games
· ESPN3 will have a minimum of 15 games – 10 men’s and five women’s, plus a live airing of a BIG EAST Men’s Championship semifinal game on Thursday, May 2
· The men’s schedule includes at least one appearance from each team in the top 10 of the Inside Lacrosse Face-Off Yearbook Top 20 and 14-of-16 teams that qualified for the 2012 NCAA Championship
· A rematch of the 2012 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship semifinal featuring currently-ranked No. 2 Maryland at No. 4 Duke on Saturday, March 2 at 11 a.m. on ESPNU
· An additional top-five men’s game include No. 5 North Carolina at No. 2 Maryland on Saturday, March 23, at noon (ESPN3)
· Games from five in-season men’s tournaments – Whitman’s Sampler Independence Classic in Chester, Pa., home to the 2013 NCAA Championship weekend, on Saturday, March 9; Whitman’s Sampler Mile High Classic in Denver, on Saturday, March 16; Metropolitan Lacrosse Classic in Flushing, N.Y., on Sunday, March 17; Konica Minolta Face-Off Classic in Baltimore, on Saturday, March 23; and Konica Minolta Big City Classic in East Rutherford, N.J., on Saturday, April 27
· The women’s schedule includes at least one appearance from five teams in the Inside Lacrosse Face-Off Yearbook Top 20 – No. 3 Northwestern, No. 6 Duke, No. 9 Penn State, No. 13 Georgetown and No. 16 Johns Hopkins
· The entire ACC Women’s Lacrosse Championship, also from Chapel Hill, N.C., will be on ESPN3 on Friday, April 26 and Sunday, April 28
This season, the network’s telecasts will include a deep roster of experienced and knowledgeable lacrosse analysts: Ryan Boyle (Four-time All-American at Princeton), Paul Carcaterra (All-American at Syracuse and a member of 1995 National Championship team), Mark Dixon (former Johns Hopkins midfielder), Ryan Flanagan (All-American defenseman at UNC), Quint Kessenich (Four-time All-American at Johns Hopkins), Jamie Munro (All-American at Brown and former Denver head coach) and Matt Ward (former Virginia attackman and 2006 Tewaaraton winner). Play-by-play announcers include: ESPNU’s Anish Shroff, Joe Beninati (Bowdoin College goalie), Mike Corey and Eamon McAnaney (Notre Dame defenseman). Courtney Martinez-Connor (Four-time NCAA Championship at Maryland) will handle analysis of the women’s games.
ESPNU & ESPN3 2013 Division I Men’s Lacrosse Schedule – Hopkins has 12 games covered by ESPN.
ESPNU & ESPN3 2013 Division I Women’s Lacrosse Schedule – Hopkins has 2 of 7 ESPN covered games.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.